PokerStars received the „Online Poker Operator of the Year‟ award at the prestigious International Gaming Awards, held last night in London. Poker Stars beat 14 other nominees to take the award, which recognises the best global poker operator.
Douglas / 2013-02-07 (GlobalGamingPR) – PokerStars received the „Online Poker Operator of the Year‟ award at the prestigious International Gaming Awards, held last night in London. Poker Stars beat 14 other nominees to take the award, which recognises the best global poker operator.
“This has been a year of great achievement for PokerStars and this award is recognition of the hard work and dedication of our employees around the world who are setting the standard for quality in the industry,” said Eric Hollreiser, PokerStars Head of Corporate Communications.
During the past year, PokerStars‟ innovation has helped push the online poker industry forward.
Key new developments in 2012 include:
– PokerStars Mobile app, allowing players to play anytime, anywhere
– Zoom Poker, enabling players to play poker faster and more easily
– PokerStars.EU, a new regulated license in Malta
– PokerStars.DK, a new regulated license in Denmark
– PokerStars.ES, a new regulated license in Spain
– Boom!, allowing players to easily share poker hands to social media networks
– Acquisition of Full Tilt Poker and successful resolution of US legal issues
– Introducing new audiences to poker with Rafa Nadal
– MicroMillions, a low-stakes online tournament series launched in March
– Turbo Championship of Online Poker (TCOOP), complementing the existing industry-leading World Championship of Online Poker (WCOOP) and Spring Championship of Online Poker (SCOOP)PokerStars joined a prestigious group of 2013 award winners at the International Gaming Awards, which included the City of Dreams, Melco Crown Entertainment (Casino/Integrated Resort of the Year), and Skrill (Payment Solutions Provider Company of the Year).
In addition to winning the „Online Poker Operator of the Year‟ award, PokerStars was also a finalist for the „Socially Responsible Operator of the Year (Online)‟, „Mobile Poker Operator of the Year‟ and „Gaming Industry Fair Play‟ awards.
PokerStars operates the world‟s most popular online poker sites, serving a global poker community of more than 50 million registered members. Since it launched in 2001, PokerStars has become the first choice of the world‟s top players, with more daily tournaments than anywhere else and with the best security online. More than 90 billion hands have been dealt on PokerStars.com, which is more than any other site.
PokerStars.com and PokerStars.eu operate globally under licenses from the Isle of Man and Malta governments, respectively. PokerStars also operates under separate government licenses in Belgium, Denmark, Estonia, France, Italy, Spain and Germany.PokerStars is a member of The Rational Group, which operates gaming-related businesses and brands, includingPokerStars, Full Tilt Poker and the European Poker Tour.